Miles has project managed the construction and installation of most major offshore wind farm components, including foundations, WTGs, offshore substations and subsea power cables. It was during this period that Miles acted as Deputy Installation Manager for Foundations & Wind Turbine Generators (WTGs) and subsequently the Balance of Plant Manager at London Array.
His varied roles in the offshore wind construction have given him considerable experience in managing contracts and contractors and his his time in the operations phase have major component repairs including losses relating to WTG gearboxes, blades, main bearings, transformers as well as array and export cables.
- Appointed adjuster for Hornsea 1 offshore windfarm (€15 Million)
- Nominated loss adjuster for both CAR and OAR policies in Europe and China
- Offshore Client Representative for monopile installations, Arkona, German Baltic, Eon Climate & Renewables
- Foundation Installation Manager, Veja Mate, German Bight, Veja Mate GmbH
- Offshore Installation Manager for Foundations & Wind Turbine Generators, London Array Ltd
- Balance of Plant Manager (Operations) – London Array Ltd
- Offshore Client Representative for transition pieces installation, Greater Gabbard Offshore Windfarm, SSE
- Offshore Site Manager for foundation installation, Thanet Offshore Windfarm, Vattenfall
- Offshore Client Representative for wind turbine installations, Robin Rigg Windfarm, Eon Climate & Renewables
- Client Site Representative for geotechnical investigations and power cable