Esteban Rodríguez Cámara
Esteban has worked in all phases of a project from the concept design, feasibility and FEED stages, detailed engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning. He also participated in two multimillion arbitration cases related to major international O&G Operators.
Esteban graduated in 2004 after a 5-year degree in Mechanical Engineering in Madrid. Upon completion of his Masters, he joined Foster Wheeler in Reading and worked 2 years in onshore projects related to the refining & petrochemical industry. He then moved to Aberdeen where he worked 5 years for Atkins acting as Mechanical Engineer in different concept and feasibility studies, debottlenecking, and commissioning jobs for major offshore operators (Maersk, Apache, Chevron, Conoco Phillips, Nexen, etc). Esteban then took various contracting roles working for different companies and locations in greenfield projects:
- Akers Solutions (London, 2012/2013) – Ivar Aasen FEED offshore platform for Det Norske, acting as Senior Rotating Engineer.
- CB&I (The Hague, Netherlands, 2013/2014) – Aasta Hansten detail engineering offshore platform for Statoil, acting as Senior Rotating Engineer.
- Dana Petroleum (Chidong, Jiangsu Province, China, 2014-2016) – Westers Isles offshore FPSO construction, supervising the Contractor (COSCO) mechanical team.
Esteban then moved back to Europe where he studied an Executive MBA from IESE Business School, joining the Insurance industry and becoming an Energy Loss Adjuster. He is fully fluent in English and Spanish (mother tongue) and has basic understanding in other languages (Portuguese, French, Italian).
Esteban has worked on large claims in the energy sector including:
- Power generation and distribution failures
- Pipe ruptures and consequent spills
- Refinery machinery breakdown
- Methanol Plant failures