Ellen Kimber MSc, BEng
During her undergraduate degree, Ellen worked as an engineer as part of the Civil and Construction team at Petrofac. This provided her with valuable insight to the engineering design stages of various energy projects (renewables and oil and gas).
Since graduating Ellen joined the team at LWI gaining experience by assisting on large offshore wind construction and operational losses. Specific tasks include policy reviews, offshore surveys , attending RCA investigations, claim audits and adjustments, preparing reports and general claims handling. She also manages a growing portfolio of onshore wind and solar losses.
Ellen has GWO certificates enabling her to survey onshore wind turbines and attend offshore wind farms as required.
Some of Ellen’s recent assignments include:
- Offshore blade damage – Germany
- Vessel collision – Germany
- Offshore substation transformer failure – Denmark
- Onshore substation damage – UK
- Offshore switchgear damage – UK
- Export cable failure – UK
- Inter array cable failures – UK
- Series of solar farm thefts – UK
- Arson attack to onshore wind turbine – France
- Total loss of onshore turbine – UK