Nigel Lloyd BE Mech, ACLA, ANZIIF (Snr Assoc), CIP
Taking this engineering expertise and applying it to Loss Adjusting, Nigel has 10 years’ experience working as an Engineering and Resources adjuster. Nigel has a proven track record of managing, investigating, and resolving complex claims, ensuring that a proactive approach is taken at the onset to mitigate the loss and also to secure any relevant evidence for potential subrogation.
As well as working for Australian and overseas Insurers, Nigel is frequently engaged on behalf of Australian Courts in the capacity of an Expert Witness to assist in the early resolution of litigious matters by providing a factual review of causation and rectification costs.
A representative selection of experience is provided as follows:
- Failures of overland conveyors resulting in BI.
- Losses involving conventional and gearless (S)AG drives.
- Various losses involving large Plant and Equipment (e.g. excavators, cranes, underground loaders, haul trucks, raisebores).
- Pressure vessel explosions.
- Damage to crushing and screening equipment.
- Professional Indemnity and Liability claims associated with the provision, servicing, and repair of mining equipment.
- Offshore subsea wellhead, umbilical, flowline and riser failures.
- Towfish and ROV losses.
- Losses involving topside equipment related to construction and operational issues.
- Various power station and power distribution failures involving generators, transformers, and related transmission equipment.
- Transit and fire damage to substation and switchroom equipment.
- Pipeline failures and associated environmental contamination.
- Wind farm losses including blade failures, water ingress, transmission issues and resultant BI.
- Expert Witness in respect of inter alia causation, industry practice, reasonability of costs and processes.
- Technical claims emanating from the Royal Australian Navy construction, maintenance and sustainment programs.
- Manufacturing and processing losses.
- Data and communication cabling losses.