Martin Brocklehurst BSc
A graduate in Naval Architecture and Shipping Management, Martin has worked in the insurance Industry for over 25 years and for the last 14 years has been based in Singapore. Having also spent time with a major oil company, he has considerable experience dealing with both upstream and downstream property and liability losses.
He has acquired a detailed knowledge of the current market practice with regard to the distribution of risk within major construction contracts and has substantial working experience with joint venture companies and large corporations.
Martin has been involved in a wide range of significant claims around the world including the following examples:
- Offshore platforms – cranes, turbines, compressors, fires
- Offshore pipelines
- FPSO – mooring lines, risers, mid-water arch buoys
- Subsea infrastructure – manifolds, flowlines, umbilicals, Xmas trees
- Offshore platform Jackets – fabrication and installation
- Subsea cable damage claims
- Well Control – Offshore, geothermal
- Drillship and semi-submersible claims
- Offshore third party liability claims
- Refineries and processing plants